Cheers to the weekend! I have to say that this has probably been my most favorite Saturdays for a long time. I know I’m not alone when I state that I battle with myself every weekend to balance spending quality time with the babes, crossing off items from my to-do list and yet do some thing for me as well…and somewhere in there I need to sleep. But today was one of the few days where I got to do a bit of all that and more! Here are my favorite bits from our Saturday Love!
1. Creating meals or snacks from the fresh veggies in my garden has been one of my favorite things this summer. I rummaged around the garden in the wee hours and came up up with a bowl of goodness!
2. My breakfast buddy and I had oats with oatmeal, applesauce and vanilla yogurt my mine with some added PB and coconut sprinkles: clean bowls all around!
3. It was a perfect day for a long walk and a trip to the park, this equals two happy active girls!
4. We made it through a whole grocery trip without any whining…my trick: letting her eat! Works like a charm and we get the shopping done in no time! Organic strawberries and a bagel we’re her menu choices today.
4. It was our week to go to the library. I love library week. She loves ‘iba-wwe week. We scored big with a big Pinkalicious series book 🙂
5. The highlight of the night was heading to the Roots Festival at Main Street Square. I’m not the hugest country music fan, but I am a fan of live music. We topped it off with a picnic at the fountains. (Carrots dipped in PB and a cheese wrap for the little on; cold zucchini and a salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and cheese for me)
A detour through art alley and it was time for home to read our new library books.