Week 1 post marathon: REST. RELAX.
No running. Exercise consisted of walking and stretching; stretching and walking. My week consisted of eating some goodies every day, drinking wine every day and sleeping in every day! What a great week it was.
But my legs were itching to run and my body was begging for some proper nutrition!
Week 2 post marathon: Getting back into it. A little running, lots of yoga, a hike up to Harney Peak!
Week 4: HUGE illness in ME. Not cool. I have not had the flu in years. I’m talking probably 4 years. I was NOT having it! I was so sick that I even plopped myself on the couch and had little bug play on the floor while I slept. Not a proud 5 days of mothering I tell ya!
Week 5…I’m on the mend and about 75% back to normal! Yay! I’m aching, aching to go for a run, but my lungs just aren’t ready for that commitment yet. Bummer too. I’m usually that idiot who runs and/or works-out through an entire illness.
But I now have the motivation to be thinking ahead! Ahead to the next marathon!
What will it be…
Salt Lake City Marathon on April 21st?
The Wisconsin Marathon in Kenosha, WI on May 5th?
Pros for Salt Lake:
- the bro and his family live there
- I’ve never been to Salt Lake City
- I could cross off “Utah” on my Run a Marathon in Most States list
- It’s a big marathon
Pros for Wisconsin Marathon:
- One of my BFF’s lives in Kenosha…whom I have NOT seen yet since moving back (which is like a friendship crime, this picture – her weddnig day – was the last time I saw her)
- I love K-town, it has the best outlet malls 🙂
- I could cross off “Wisconsin”
- It’s a big-ish marathon
- The medal is the shape of a block of cheese!
The place I’ve never been or the place I know like the back of my hand?
Elevation (UT) or flat land (WI)?