We are here! The Waby’s have invaded the USA for good. Mwaahaahaahaa.
Little bug survived 24 hours of travel like a pro. I hardly survived though! Soon, very soon I’ll write a post about long-haul flights with a baby.
Ok, first impressions of being in the US after 4 years away.
1. I forgot how nice everyone is
2. All food in SUPER SUPER-sized. I went into a coffee shop and 1 single brownie could easily last me a week!
3. Target only got better 🙂
(Her outfit reminds me of something my MIL would wear…right Deb?)
4. There are WAY too many stops lights where we are at…and everyone here actually drives the speed limit! What a travesty!
5. People bend over backwards for those with a baby. We were treated like royalty in all the airport lines.
6. My mother has enough food in the house to last another depression
(I tried the pumpkin flax granola with homemade PB and a whipped greek yogurt!)
7. Nothing beats carpet or American grass…
8. Except a crisp early morning run!
My first run USA style was not what I expected. It was HEAVY. As in the air. Where I used to lived may have been in the mountains but “sea level” was only a few miles away. I was huffing and puffing within 15 minutes here which I think is about 5000 ft above SL. Darn it! I’ll have to take it easy till I adjust.
I’m not complaining. I saw 4 dog walkers and everyone said hello to me with a great big smile. I heart Americans! P.S. did I mention that we were up at 4am. This was morning 2 in the US. I was out the door by 5:15am and I could have easily been out at 4:45 if I wanted to. NOT used to the sunrise time difference at all. Need thicker curtains.
But the worst of the jet-leg is over. And thankgoodnessforthat. I had a really bad day on Wednesday. I was tired. I was over-caffinated. I was missing Spain. But lucky for me, I had a surprise visitor that night from one of the greatest friends a girl could ask for. Life back in the US is starting to come together nicely!
Nothing, I mean NOTHING beats a toy from the 80s. Am I right or am I right!