I love Mondays! A new week. A new to-do list that needs checking off. A new set of expectations to meet. But with packing up boxes, selling off belongings, cleaning and recleaning furniture and all the other fun that comes with a big move, all the days have seem to mush together lately. Not Monday though. Monday you get to start fresh. I usually get more done on Mondays than any other day because I’m so motivated!
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I love lists. I love checking things off that list. I love completing a list. And, I love making the next list!
Here were Monday’s items of importance:
Baby blog post
5 minute workout
Ab Ripper workout
Little bug: swim
Skype mom and dad
I had the car which doesn’t happen on Mondays so took advantage of my 18 euros in store credit and snagged these treasures!
After my PX90 Ab Ripper workout (via YouTube), I decided that I needed some loosening up. I had a GREAT 7.5 miler on Sunday -9:15 per mile- which is a bad-ass fast for me but it’s left my back feeling less that great so I turned to my Standing Abs 5 minute workout to help!
I do this 1-2 times a week. It’s great for when I don’t feel like getting dirty on the ground and doing while baby is playing. If you are heavily pregnant, eliminate the ball.
This doesn’t look like much, but the next day, you should feel this!
NO EXCUSES. EVERYONE HAS 5 MINUTES.
Move from one exercise to the next without rest.
1. Side bends with the ball (10-15 per side)
2. Standing rotations with the ball (15 per side)
3. Single-leg standing side crunch (15-20 per side)
4. Repeat 1-3 again to reach 5 minutes
- keep knees and elbow soft
- inhale when bending, exhale and use those abs when coming back up
- make sure you aren’t moving your arms, use only your abs to do the work
- knees and elbows soft again
- concentrate in the twisting using just your abs and avoid going to fast
- pause in the center before twisting to the other side
- balance on one leg
- squeeze as you bring your elbow and knee together
- switch sides
4. Repeat 1-3 for 5 minutes!
I hope you like this one! It’s easy yet you’re getting a nice little ab work in. Did you notice my little workout buddy in there? 🙂
And guess who was back doing The 100 Pushups Challenge ?
Yay, hubby! I think he’s getting nervous about meeting the rest of my family and friends! I mean, come on, who doesn’t want to look and feel their best when meeting their wife’s fam/friends?
The day ended with some gooey, slightly spicy, perfect enchiladas by your’s truly! I heart Mexican/American food!
What’s your favorite food style?
Used books or new books, what’s your pref?
What’s your favorite summer activity?